The After-School Program is located at Avoca Central School and is underway with its initial year of development. (Scroll down to see how/where to sign-up.)
This program is located primarily in The Commons, but other areas of the campus as well (e.g. Big Gym, Music Suite, Small Gym, Cafeteria, etc.).
The After-School Program’s staff is comprised primarily of teachers, assistants, and aides at ACS. Background checks and fingerprinting is required for all district employees. From 3-6PM, your child can participate in a number of activities, enjoy a snack, and receive academic support specific to a content area or a particular assignment/project.
The After-School Program branches off into two distinct directions:
The After-School Program is available on all school days. However, if a student is absent for school, they are unable to attend the After-School Program. On Conference Days, inservice days, and half days or early release days, supervision in The Commons will still be provided from the typical 2:52-6:30 p.m. timeframe. The program does not run on days when school is not in session. When in doubt, reach out!
With questions contact Cody Delles, Director of Special Programs at: (607) 566-2221 (ext. 1161)
How to Sign-Up:
There are two separate sign-up forms:
- SIGN UP HERE for your child to stay after school in The Commons.
- SIGN UP HERE for your child to particiapte in the various enrichment activities.
Students have a few options to get home:
- Take the 5 p.m. late bus home.
- Have a parent pick them up at school.
- Students in grades 4-12 may walk home.
- Parental permission is required for students in 6th grade and below.
- Parents walking into the building to sign-out their child can park in the lot across from the Cafeteria and Auditorium.
- Parents can also pick up their child from the pull-off location.
Students can be picked up at any time (3-6:30 p.m.). Once a student leaves campus, they may not return.