Blueprint for Excellence
Strategic Plan 2021-2022
Dear Members of the Avoca School Community,
We could not be more excited to share this strategic plan with all of you. Our “Blueprint for Excellence” is the result of planning sessions that were held with our Board of Education, Leadership Team, staff, parents and community members. We worked with feedback gathered from the community this past spring as we developed a plan that will help us continue to grow and achieve as we continue to strive for excellence in all that we do.
This plan will be the backbone for our work. It will serve as a roadmap in our efforts to be a place where people choose to live and students are excited to attend school. We’re in this work together and look forward to being your teammate in our continued effort to be a model school of excellence.
Thank you for your feedback and support. Your collaboration and teamwork make all the difference in the lives of children and the success of the district.
Superintendent of Schools
President, Board of Education
Blueprint Planning is intended to:
- Involve all members of the school community and reflect their shared perspectives.
- Allow stakeholder representatives to review community feedback in order to clearly define the district’s mission, vision and core values.
- Engage a team in defining the priorities of the district and suggesting action steps to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate action planning focused on identifying who, when and how the work will get done.
- Provide the district with a road map that is transparent, accountable and focused.
- Enable the district’s efforts to innovate, allocate resources and continuously grow in a coordinated, thoughtful and aligned manner.
- Be an iterative, evolving and ongoing process that builds from one year to the next while reflecting emerging needs and changing demands.
Steps in the Avoca Planning Process:
June 2020: Community feedback gathered.
July 2020: Feedback reviewed by the Board of Education and Leadership Team draft mission/vision/core values drafted
January 2021: Community team assembled mission/vision/core values reviewed. Priority Areas Developed. Strategies suggested.
May 2021: Leadership Team Action Planning
Action plans developed that specifically identified what will be done to meet the objectives of each priority area and who will be responsible for leading the work.
August 2021: Revision, Adaptation, Communication
Revision and review completed by the Leadership Team
Board of Education Adoption
Communication to the community and implementation of the plan with stakeholders.
Successful organizations clearly define their purpose, what they need to become in order to fulfill their purpose and how they operate or behave. These are commonly known as their mission, their vision and their core values.
Through the Blueprint Planning Process, the Avoca CSD school community has defined why they exist, what happens in the organization when they are working towards the mission and what behaviors should be evident from individuals and the organization as a whole.
The purpose of the Avoca CSD is to provide a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment that challenges students with an exceptional education. We will prepare students to be life-long critical, independent thinkers in the career, college or military experience of their choosing.
The Avoca CSD will strive to be a model school whose students develop a clear plan to pursue their individual interests with a focus on making a positive impact as citizens and whose stakeholders are included, engaged and working together.
WE believe that we can achieve our vision and accomplish our mission if, in all of our work, we will strive to:
- Foster the development of well-rounded students.
- Offer high quality experiences for all students from all backgrounds.
- Focus on inclusivity and innovation in all of our programming.
- Strive to be a community that people choose and a school that children are excited to attend.
- Work together as a team that encourages everyone to participate.
- Be responsive to community values and available resources while providing programs that meet the needs of every child and a workplace that supports all staff members.
Based on community feedback and initial planning by the Board of Education and Leadership Team, the following areas were identified as priorities to be focused on in order to fulfill the mission of the district:
Avoca CSD will develop and provide a variety of programming based on different interests while focusing on life planning for post graduate success.
Connections and Collaboration
Avoca CSD will focus on the development of connections and collaborative relationships between students, staff, families and the community.
Planning and Operations
Avoca CSD departments will regularly create, maintain, and share a list of short, mid and long-term goals and concerns for their department.
Avoca CSD will consider programming to meet the needs of all students from all backgrounds and utilize inclusivity and a lense in the planning process.
Tiger Pride... Surpassing Expectations