News & Updates About Reopening Schools
- Message from the Superintendent - Positive Case 10-14-20
- Visitors Required to Follow Health Precautions Protocols
- NYS Dashboard for COVID-19 Data for Schools
- School Start Date - September 10th
Resources for Parents (& Staff)
- New York State Department of Health Pre-K to Grade 12 COVID-19 Toolkit. This document includes easy-to-follow flow charts to about COVID-19 symptoms, attendance, contact tracing and much more.
School Reopening Plans
- Click here to view the Reopening Plan This is a live document, so as we make changes and revisions, they will be immediately visible at this link. Please check back regularly for the most current updates!
If you are unable to access any forms or publications on this page, please contact email@example.com to receive the information in an alternative format.
- Avoca CSD COVID Testing Plan
Avoca parent survey informs reopening planning
July 16-20, 2020 Avoca parents were asked to provide input on schools reopening this fall. The district administered an online survey asking questions about parents’ comfort level with kids returning to school with the State Education Dept. (SED) Dept. of Health (DOH) and CDC requirements in place.
Approximately 245 families responded to the survey. Slightly more than half (51%) of respondents indicated they would be comfortable sending their child back to school in the fall if confirmed cases of COVID-19 remain low. Many respondents also indicated they are concerned about mask-wearing, social distancing and vulnerable populations.
Families asked a number of questions regarding reopening that the district is working to address in the reopening plan, set to be submitted to the state and posted on the website by Aug. 7.
Full results to the survey can be found here.