The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, June 26, 2020
Dates to Remember
- Friday, June 26 @7:00pm - Limited-Person Outdoor Graduation Ceremony (Livestream Here.)
- Tuesday, June 30 @6:00pm - WVIN/WABH broadcast of Avoca Graduates
- Thursday, July 9 @3:00pm - First weekly summer meal pick-up
- Congratulations to the following Tigers who have just retired: Mrs. Riekofski, Mrs. Coots, Mrs. Pickering, Mrs. C. Baker, & Mrs. Kilbourne!
Check out our Class of 2020 commencement website here. Read all about our graduating seniors, messages from family, friends, staff and seniors, and check out their slideshow.
2020 Graduation Ceremony
Tonight at 7:00pm, we will host a limited-person commencement ceremony on our campus. Due to attendance restrictions for this event, tickets are required. This event is not open to the public, and our campus will be closed for the duration of the ceremony. If you would like to view the live commencement, please click the link here. Be sure to come online, and watch live as our Class of 2020 graduates!
WVIN/WABH Class of 2020 Celebration
On Tuesday, June 30th, WVIN & WABH will be recognizing our graduates at 6:00pm. Tune in to 98.3FM, 100.3FM, 1380AM or http://wvinbath.com and listen live!
This summer we will continue to serve meals to all students 18 and younger. Meals are available at two locations: Avoca Central School & Howard Fire Department. Families may pick up meals between 3:00 and 6:00pm every Thursday. You will be served 7 breakfasts and 7 lunches for each child 18 or under, to last the full week. This is a once a week pick-up from July 9th through August 28th. These meals are made possible by the USDA Summer Food Service Program. Please contact our Food Service Director, Sheri Frail with any questions at email@example.com.
The Avoca CSD is excited to be looking towards the future by building on our tradition of excellence. We’re beginning a strategic planning process that takes into account what is working, what we’d like to improve on and how everyone in our school community feels about the work. We need your input so that we can make the best plans for our district. Please tell us what you think we are doing well and what we can improve on. We would also like to know what you think we should be considering for the future. Our plans will be based on your feedback. Please share your thoughts by clicking on the following link to a thought exchange: https://my.thoughtexchange.com/113321331
You can add thoughts, see what other community members are thinking and rate each other’s feedback. All of this is done anonymously, and we encourage you to check back often to keep the conversation going. The exchange will be open until June 30th. Over the coming months, the board and leadership team will be using your feedback for discussions and planning with volunteers from all groups in our school community. Stay tuned for more information on how to get involved further.
If you did not get a chance to purchase a yearbook, and would like to, the cost is $45, and checks can be made out to ACS Yearbook. Yearbooks are available for purchase in the High School Office.
All K-12 Avoca CSD students can read over the summer using Sora digital books and audiobooks. Students will need an internet connection and a device to either read on a browser or download and save, even as a kindle format book. Books will 'automatically' return to our online collection after two weeks unless students renew prior to the two week date!
Where to find Sora? Right here on our School Library Website! Each student will need to know his/her school ID number (which is the same as their lunch number) and the Avoca CSD universal password - think of our school sports teams' name (plural)!
Seniors: Get your CCC Transcript
Students can request an Official CCC Transcript following the directions below. Please remember to check the box: “Wait for final grades.” If you request before an instructor submits final grades, they will have to submit another request. The link to request a transcript in our SUNY Corning Community College’s website. Link:https://www.corning-cc.edu/current-students/transcript.php A PDF of directions can be found here.
- Students will need their Social Security # and a Debit/Credit card for the $2.50 fee.
- Follow the directions on the site to request.
- Select an “Official” Transcript to send to the college you are transferring the courses to. You can have the transcript sent to you or the college itself.
- Select “After Final Grades”. If the student selects this option, the request will not be sent until the grades are submitted by the instructor. If not selected, a transcript will be sent without the grades and the student will need to send another with grades.
- Students will receive an official receipt of the request and will see when it is received.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Dr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - Avoca/Prattsburgh Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!