The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, June 12, 2020
Dates to Remember
- Sunday, June 14 @ 6:00pm - Baccalaureate for Seniors, Buena Vista Wesleyan Church
- Monday, June 15 - Last Day of School for Students K-12
- Tuesday, June 16 @ 11:00am-5:00pm - Textbook, School Material Collection (see below)
- Wednesday, June 17th @5:30pm - Wildwood BOCES Virtual Graduation Ceremony
- Friday, June 26 @7:00pm - Limited-Person Outdoor Graduation Ceremony (Livestream available on our website.)
Terrific Tigers - 2019-2020 Awards!
The 2019-2020 Avoca Middle School & High School Awards can be found here. We will distribute these awards on the material collection date on Tuesday, June 16th. Congratulations to all of our Avoca Tiger winners!
Well Wishes for the Class of 2020
As a part of our celebration for the class of 2020, we're building a commencement website that will highlight and recognize our seniors. If you would like to share well-wishes for a graduating senior, please complete the form here. Please complete any well-wishes by Monday, June 15th.
Last Day of Classes
The Avoca School District 2019-2020 calendar has been amended to adjust and reflect the required changes based on the Executive Orders of the Governor of the state of New York. The last day for students for at-home learning guided by teachers will be Monday, June 15, 2020. Our teachers will continue to work and plan for the future from June 16-19, 2020.
Last Day to Submit Work
The last day to submit school work is Monday, June 15th. Any late work after June 15th cannot be accepted.
Material Collection Date
On June 16th from 11:00am-5:00pm, we will be collecting school items that need to be returned to the school. Items to be collected will be student Chromebooks, textbooks, library books, instruments belonging to the school, and classroom materials. Everything will be collected on the bus loop side of the building with personnel available to help with the process. We will have stations set up in the following order: 1.) textbooks, 2.) Chromebooks and chargers, 3.) classroom materials and library books, 4.) instruments belonging to the school, 5.) awards (check link below), 6.) Yearbooks for purchase, 7.) Lost and Found (Items will be displayed in the parking lot portion of the bus loop area.).
If you did not get a chance to purchase a yearbook, and would like to, the cost is $45, and checks can be made out to ACS Yearbook. Yearbooks are available for purchase in the High School Office. Please contact Mrs. Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Marking Period 4 Grades
For the fourth marking period, students will be assessed on a 1,2,3 scale. This is true for both their overall fourth marking period grade, as well as assignment grades. The scale is as follows:
- 1 - Not meeting standards/failing
- 2 - meeting standards
- 3 - exceeding standards/excellence.
ACE (college-credit) courses will continue to receive a numeric grade.
All K-12 Avoca CSD students can read over the summer using Sora digital books and audiobooks. Students will need an internet connection and a device to either read on a browser or download and save, even as a kindle format book. Books will 'automatically' return to our online collection after two weeks unless students renew prior to the two week date!
Where to find Sora? Right here on our School Library Website! Each student will need to know his/her school ID number (which is the same as their lunch number) and the Avoca CSD universal password - think of our school sports teams' name (plural)!
Greater Southern Tier BOCES - Wildwood Campus: Class of 2020 Ceremony
The 26th Annual Awards Ceremony to recognize the Wildwood Career & Technical Education Program Class of 2020 and the National Technical Honor Society 2020 Inductees can be viewed at www.gstboces.org beginning on Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 at 5:30pm.
Meals will continue to be served on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays through June 25th. Look for a summer schedule to follow.
Seniors: Get your CCC Transcript
Students can request an Official CCC Transcript following the directions below. Please remember to check the box: “Wait for final grades.” If you request before an instructor submits final grades, they will have to submit another request. The link to request a transcript in our SUNY Corning Community College’s website. Link:https://www.corning-cc.edu/current-students/transcript.php A PDF of directions can be found here.
- Students will need their Social Security # and a Debit/Credit card for the $2.50 fee.
- Follow the directions on the site to request.
- Select an “Official” Transcript to send to the college you are transferring the courses to. You can have the transcript sent to you or the college itself.
- Select “After Final Grades”. If the student selects this option, the request will not be sent until the grades are submitted by the instructor. If not selected, a transcript will be sent without the grades and the student will need to send another with grades.
- Students will receive an official receipt of the request and will see when it is received.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Dr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!