The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, June 5, 2020
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, June 9 - School budget ballots must be received in the District Office by 5:00pm
- Wednesday, June 10 - Virtual Commencement Recording of Seniors
- Sunday, June 14 @ 6:00pm - Baccalaureate for Seniors, Buena Vista Wesleyan Church
- Monday, June 15 - Last Day of School for Students K-12
- Tuesday, June 16 @ 11:00am-5:00pm - Textbook, School Material Collection (see below)
- Wednesday, June 17th @5:30pm - Wildwood BOCES Virtual Graduation Ceremony
- Congratulations to Coach Stowe who was named Spectator Great 8 Coach of the Year!
- Congratulations to Devin Stowe and Tristian Stark who were named to the Spectator Great 8 Boys Basketball First Team!
- Congratulations to Pacey Hopkins who was named to the Spectator Great 8 Boys Basketball Second Team!
- Congratulations to Jonathan Jensen who was named to the Spectator Great 8 Boys Basketball Third Team!
Well Wishes for the Class of 2020
As a part of our celebration for the class of 2020, we're building a commencement website that will highlight and recognize our seniors. If you would like to share well-wishes for a graduating senior, please complete the form here. Please complete any well-wishes by Friday, June 12th.
Last Day of Classes
The Avoca School District 2019-2020 calendar has been amended to adjust and reflect the required changes based on the Executive Orders of the Governor of the state of New York. The last day for students for at-home learning guided by teachers will be Monday, June 15, 2020. Our teachers will continue to work and plan for the future from June 16-19, 2020.
Last Day to Submit Work
The last day to submit school work is Monday, June 15th. Any late work after June 15th cannot be accepted.
Material Collection Date
On June 16th from 11:00am-5:00pm, we will be collecting school items that need to be returned to the school. Items to be collected will be student Chromebooks, textbooks, library books, graphing calculators, instruments belonging to the school, and classroom materials. Everything will be collected on the bus loop side of the building. We will have personnel there to help with the collection of all materials. Lost and Found items will be on display and Yearbooks will be available to purchase for $45.00.
If you did not get a chance to purchase a yearbook, and would like to, the cost is $45, and checks can be made out to ACS Yearbook. You may also purchase online at this link: http://jostensyearbooks.com/
?REF=A05291200. Yearbooks are available for purchase in the High School Office. Please contact Mrs. Baker at email@example.com with any questions.
All K-12 Avoca CSD students can read over the summer using Sora digital books and audiobooks. Students will need an internet connection and a device to either read on a browser or download and save, even as a kindle format book. Books will 'automatically' return to our online collection after two weeks unless students renew prior to the two week date!
Where to find Sora? Right here on our School Library Website! Each student will need to know his/her school ID number (which is the same as their lunch number) and the Avoca CSD universal password - think of our school sports teams' name (plural)!
Greater Southern Tier BOCES - Wildwood Campus: Class of 2020 Ceremony
The 26th Annual Awards Ceremony to recognize the Wildwood Career & Technical Education Program Class of 2020 and the National Technical Honor Society 2020 Inductees can be viewed at www.gstboces.org beginning on Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 at 5:30pm.
We have had some concerns from students about technology while at-home learning. Now, a designated email address has been set-up for contact about technology issues. Students who are experiencing technology-related issues can now email studenttechsupport@avocacsd.
Using a Chromebook without Internet
It is possible to complete work on the Chromebook without internet access, and then upload documents once you are back online. Directions for using the Chromebook in "Offline Mode" can be found here.
Internet Access Points
- School Parking Lots (No password is needed.)
- Howard Fire Hall (Access codes are displayed in the window.)
- Avoca Free Library (Access codes are displayed in the window.)
If you are overwhelmed right now, the NYS Office of Mental Health has a COVID-19 Emotional Support Line staffed by specially trained people who can help. The number to call is 1-844-863-9314.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Dr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!