The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, March 13, 2020
Dates to Remember
- Monday, March 16 - Superintendent's Conference Day - No School for Students
- Monday, March 16 - Modified Spring Athletics Start Date
- Tuesday, March 17 - Last Day of School for Students before Extended Dismissal (No BOCES Programs)
- Thursday, March 19 - Student Council Blood Drive
- Monday, March 23 - Band Sale Begins
- Tuesday, March 24-Wednesday, March 25 - ELA Assessment 7&8
- Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Basketball team as they defeated Prattsburgh in the crossover game!
- Congratulations to Brady Brandow, Devin Stowe, Tristian Stark, and Jonathan Jensen for being named to the Boys Exceptional Seniors Basketball Team!
- Congratulations to Delaney Stowe, Alexis Weldy, and Emi Moore (PCS) for being named to the Girls Exceptional Seniors Basketball Team!
- Congratulations to the Academic All Star Team who won their division this season with an amazing 5-0 record!
Winter 2020 Championship Postponed
The NYSPHSAA winter regional and state championships will be postponed indefinitely. As information becomes available NYSPHSAA will provide updates. You can read the entire News Announcement here.
New scholarships posted to our website include the Scottish American Society of the Southern Tier Scholarship. Check out all of the scholarships on our scholarship page here.
Student Council Spring Blood Drive Cancelled at this time
On Thursday, March 19th, the Avoca Student Council is sponsoring a blood drive. Please consider giving the gift of life by donating blood. It is easy to sign up, just go to redcrossblood.org and sign up under Avoca Central School. Thank you for helping us reach our goal!
Spring Sports Registration
All student-athletes intending to participate in a spring sport must be registered in FamilyID. This includes modified sports (which begin on Monday). Visit our athletics webpage for more information. Modified sports practices for Monday will run as follows:Modified Baseball (3:30-5PM in the Big Gym)Modified Softball (5-7PM in the Small Gym/Big Gym)Modified Track (3:40-5:10PM in the Small Gym/Track)Modified Tennis (will begin on Tuesday, 03/17: 3:15-4:45PM in PCS - hop on the 2:50PM shuttle)If you haven't already done so, sign up for the Remind messaging group for your child's team. Click the appropriate link below:
Winter Sports Awards Ceremony This will be combined with Spring Sports Awards Ceremony
Please join us on March 17th at 6pm in the District Auditorium as we recognize the following teams: Varsity Girls Basketball, JV Girls Basketball, Modified Girls Basketball, Varsity Boys Basketball, JV Boys Basketball, Modified Boys Basketball, Varsity Cheerleading, Modified Cheerleading, Indoor Track and Wrestling. After the ceremony we will be revealing the 2019 Baseball Sectional Banner!
STEM Night Cancelled at this time
Students and their families are invited to attend our annual STEM Night on Thursday, March 19th from 5:00-7:00pm where you can participate in free, hands-on activities in the cafeteria and sixth-grade wing. There will be chances for door-prizes and lots of fun! Activities include: Robotics demonstrations, rainbow paper, water xylophone, plant a shamrock, and make playdough. For more information, contact Mrs. Rodbourn.
Community Event: Project Prom Dress Cancelled at this time
Alfred State College is excited to announce that Project Prom Dress Extravaganza 2020 will take place from 10:00am to 2:00pm, Sunday, March 22 in the Pioneer Center on the Alfred campus. Project Prom Dress is a student-driven initiative and is the passion of the sorority sisters of Delta Chi Omega. Annually, new and gently used gowns are donated from local bridal shops and individuals, and the sorority sisters collect hundreds of gowns, shoes, and accessories. Gowns and accessories are offered free of charge at this event. For more information, click here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Dr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!