The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, February 28, 2020
Dates to Remember
- Friday, February 28 - All County Music Festival (6th grade Band, Jr. High Chorus, Sr. High Band)
- Wednesday, March 4 - Winter Sports Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, March 5 - Early Release Day (12:45)
- Monday, March 9 - JV & Varsity Spring Athletics Start Date
- Monday, March 9 - Sophomore Class Fundraiser Begins
- Friday, March 13 - Interim Period 3 Ends
- Congratulations to Tristian Stark, Wildwood BOCES Automotive Technology Student of the Month!
- Congratulations to Mackenzie Gotshall, Wildwood BOCES Nurse Assisting Student of the Month!
- Congratulations to Devin Stowe, Athlete of the Month for February!
Winter Sports Awards Ceremony
The Winter Sports Awards Ceremony will take place at 7:00pm in the Auditorium next Wednesday, March 4th. Immediately following the ceremony, we will reveal the 2019 baseball sectional banner in the Big Gym, followed by light refreshments in the Auditorium Lobby. All student-athletes are encouraged to attend.
New scholarships posted to the page include the Arlynn Robbins Memorial, WNY Safari Club International, Bath Rotary, Ted Markham Memorial, Frank E. Nicklaus Memorial, and the Beatrice L. Williams Memorial (Alfred State). Check them out on our scholarship page here.
It's time to register for Spring Sports! Check out our Athletics Webpage for more information. https://avoca.rschoolteams.com
Students and their families are invited to attend our annual STEM Night on Thursday, March 19th from 5:00-7:00pm where you can participate in free, hands-on activities in the cafeteria and sixth-grade wing. There will be chances for door-prizes and lots of fun! Activities include: Robotics demonstrations, rainbow paper, water xylophone, plant a shamrock, and make playdough. For more information, contact Mrs. Rodbourn.
Community Event: Project Prom Dress
Alfred State College is excited to announce that Project Prom Dress Extravaganza 2020 will take place from 10:00am to 2:00pm, Sunday, March 22 in the Pioneer Center on the Alfred campus. Project Prom Dress is a student-driven initiative and is the passion of the sorority sisters of Delta Chi Omega. Annually, new and gently used gowns are donated from local bridal shops and individuals, and the sorority sisters collect hundreds of gowns, shoes, and accessories. Gowns and accessories are offered free of charge at this event. For more information, click here.
Community Event: "To The Nines" Formal Attire Event
Once again, the Haverling Student Council will be hosting “To the Nines” on Saturday March 28th from 10:00am- 1:00pm. This event will offer formal attire (Prom dresses), semi-formal dresses, shoes, jewelry and other accessories FREE of charge to any student from the Steuben County area. This event is 100% free of charge. We have a selection of over 250 dresses from size 0 to size 26. All items are available on a first come first serve basis. Check out the event flyer here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!