The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, December 20, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, December 23-Friday, January - School Closed, Winter Recess
- Congratulations to our robotics teams for their success at the Greater Southern Tier VEX Robotics Competition!
- Congratulations to Cheyne Bonnewell, Auto Body Repair December Student of the Month!
- Congratulations to Madison Fitzwater for being named Athlete of the Month for December!
- Congratulations to Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, and Girls Soccer for being recognized as NYSPHSAA Scholar Athlete Teams!
The Association of Fire Districts, Ned Carter Memorial Scholarship and the Noyes Health Auxiliary Scholarship have been posted to our scholarship webpage. Check out the new scholarships here.
Lost & Found
Our lost and found bins are quite full! Please remind your child to check the bin after our holiday break. All items left after Friday, January 10th will be donated.
VEX Robotics Success
Congratulations to our VEX Robotics students! Avoca blew the competition out of the water, taking home 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the VEX I.Q. Division! Our first place team was Daniel Stilson and Brian Heale. Our second place winner was Chase Reinbold, and our third place team was Ian Bennett and Tyson Comfort. In the individual competitions, we had many winners. Autonomous: 1st-Bryan & Daniel, 3rd-Evan & Isaac Science Fair: 1st-Chase, Bryan & Daniel, 3rd-Ian & Tyson User Control: 1st-Chase, Ian, Tyson, Bryan & Daniel, 3rd - Evan, Isaac, Kylee, Bailey, Dakota & Matt. Congratulations!
Doctoral Research - Participants Needed
Each year students from the graduate program in School Psychology at Alfred University work with Mrs. Buisch. Many of those students go on to pursue a doctoral dissertation. Research on a given topic is needed as part of that process. Please consider helping a current student by following the link below.
Parents/Guardians with students in K-8: You could win a $50 gift certificate to Walmart while contributing to research on parenting and child behavior! Your participation will take 15-20 minutes. Please follow this link for more information.
Parents: Please be looking for a follow up email once you complete the initial survey so that you can complete a rating scale.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!