The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, November 22, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 22 - Junior Class Dinner
- Friday & Saturday, November 22 & 23 - School Play, "Closed for the Holidays"
- Wednesday, November 27 - School Closed, Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday & Friday, November 28 & 29 - School Closed, Thanksgiving Recess
- Tuesday, December 3 - Winter Sports Photos
- Friday, December 6 - National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
- Saturday, December 7 - Wrestling: Avoca Duals
- Saturday, December 7 - Community Event: Avoca Christmas in the Park
- Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Soccer Team for their incredible journey all the way to the New York State Finals!
- Congratulations to Olivia Pratt, who was named Wildwood Student of the Month for the Nursing Assistant Program!
School Play "Closed for the Holidays"
Avoca Central School proudly presents "Closed for the Holidays," a play by Cindy Marcus and Flip Kobler. Described as "a spirited and heartwarming comedy with a healthy dash of Christmas magic," our drama club is excited to share this performance with our community. Tickets are just $5.00 and can be purchased from any cast member, Mrs. Gardner, or from the High School Office. The performance will be just two nights, November 22nd and 23rd at 7:00pm. Get your ticket today!
Avoca Central School 2020 Yearbooks are on sale now. You can buy at the "Early Bird" price until November 30th. You can order your yearbook online here.
Yearbook Senior Ads
We have a few pages set aside in the yearbook ad section especially for parents of Seniors. Interested parents of seniors can buy an “ad” and express your pride in the students. You may send them in ASAP but we would like all ads and money in no later than December 31, 2019. Check out the information letter for parents here.
A scholarship posted to our website is the DialMyCalls Student Scholarship. Check out all the scholarships on our website here.
Community Event: Christmas in the Park
On Saturday, December 7th come down to the annual Avoca Christmas in the Park! At 2:30-5:30 will be the parade, Santa scavenger hunt, raffle, tree lighting and other fun activities! Check out Facebook using the name "avoca.christmas"
SADD Club: Christmas in the Park
Avoca Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD Club) will be filling Christmas baskets for local families. Please help "fill the bus" at Christmas in the Park. You can donate on December 7th from 1-5pm at the Avoca Legion. Food ideas include: canned meals, soup, stew, chili, tuna, canned chicken, peanut butter, jellies and more. Gift ideas include: coloring books, trucks, blocks, dolls, sports equipment, board games, books and gift certificates. Please consider donating if you can!
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!