The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, November 15, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 15 - Report Card 1 Sent Home
- Saturday, November 16 @12:30pm - Varsity Girls Soccer State Semifinal Game, Homer High School
- Monday, November 18 - FFA Sale Begins
- Monday, November 18 - Modified Winter Athletics Begin
- Monday, November 18 @4:00pm - Public Hearing: DistrictWide Safety Plan, DL Room
- Tuesday, November 19 - New York State School-Related Professionals Recognition Day
- Tuesday, November 19 - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)
- Friday, November 22 - Junior Class Dinner
- Friday & Saturday, November 22 & 23 - School Play, "Closed for the Holidays"
- Wednesday, November 27 - School Closed, Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday & Friday, November 28 & 29 - School Closed, Thanksgiving Recess
- Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Soccer Team for the Regionals Win against North Collins 7-1!
- Congratulations to Kirsten Ferguson who has been selected to be a part of the Senior High Area All-State Band! She will be performing in Corning this weekend!
- Congratulations to Alexis Weldy, for being named Section V D2 Player of the Year!
- Congratulations to Coach Strong, for being named Section V D2 Coach of the Year!
Girls Soccer Update
Our Girls Varsity Soccer Team will play Hammond Central School at Homer High School at 12:30pm on Saturday, November 16th for the New York State Semifinals. If they win, they will play at SUNY Cortland at 10:30am on Sunday, 11/17 for the State Championship. Tickets can be purchased here for $8 online. Tickets can also be purchased at the gate for $10. The game should be streamed here for $10.99. Check out the state brackets here. WVIN will be covering the game as well, so you can queue into 98.3 at 12:15pm for pre-game coverage. You can also listen on their website or download the TuneIn app, search for “WVIN,” and listen from an enabled device.
School Play "Closed for the Holidays"
Avoca Central School proudly presents "Closed for the Holidays," a play by Cindy Marcus and Flip Kobler. Described as "a spirited and heartwarming comedy with a healthy dash of Christmas magic," our drama club is excited to share this performance with our community. Tickets are just $5.00 and can be purchased from any cast member, Mrs. Gardner, or from the High School Office. The performance will be just two nights, November 22nd and 23rd at 7:00pm. Get your ticket today!
School Report Cards
On Friday, November 15th students brought home their report card for the first marking period. Please take time to review the report with you child. If you have questions, please contact your child's teacher directly.
Avoca Central School 2020 Yearbooks are on sale now. You can buy at the "Early Bird" price until November 30th. You can order your yearbook online here.
School Related Professionals Day
The third Tuesday of November is New York State School-Related Professionals Recognition Day. This year the date is Tuesday, November 19th. School-Related Professionals are the dedicated support staff that make our school run smoothly. They help educate, transport and feed children, and keep children safe in school. They are the bus drivers and attendants, aides, teaching assistants, cafeteria workers, secretaries, health services personnel and custodians. On Tuesday, November 19th, be sure to say thank you to all of our fantastic School-Related Professionals!
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!