The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, November 8, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Saturday, November 9 - Basketball Pancake Fundraiser
- Saturday, November 9 - Youth Leadership Summit in Bath
- Sunday, November 10 @12:00pm - Section V Senior Game, Benjamin Franklin High School in Rochester
- Monday, November 11 @11:00am - Steuben County Exceptional Senior Game, Houghton College
- Monday, November 11 - School Closed, Veterans Day
- Tuesday, November 11 - JV & Varsity Winter Athletics Start Date
- Thursday, November 14 @ 5:00pm - Financial Aid Night, Room 225
- Friday, November 15 - Report Card 1 Sent Home
- Monday, November 18 - FFA Sale Begins
- Monday, November 18 @4:00pm - Public Hearing: DistrictWide Safety Plan, DL Room
- Tuesday, November 19 - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB)
- Friday, November 22 - Junior Class Dinner
- Friday & Saturday, November 22 & 23 - School Play, Closed for the Holidays
- Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Soccer Team for the Qualifier Win against Fillmore!
Beginning the week of November 18th, we will be hosting parent-student-teacher conferences. If you have not yet been contacted to set-up a conference, and would like to schedule a time, please call or email Mrs. Burns in the High School Office.
Financial Aid Night
Seniors and their families are invited to attend our Financial Aid Night. This evening will include step-by-step guidance in completing the federal and state paperwork including the FAFSA/TAP. This evening is being presented by the Guidance Department, and will be led by the Director of Financial Aid from Alfred State College. The event is Thursday, November 14th, from 5:00-7:00pm in room 225. Please bring your drivers license and 2018 tax forms.
Fitness Center Open to the Public
We are pleased to announce that beginning Tuesday, November 12, 2019 the Avoca School District Fitness Center and 1st floor hallways will be open for use by the Avoca School District Residents 18 years or older for free! Hours are from 6 pm to 8 pm Monday through Thursday on days that school is in session. Users will enter and exit via door entrance #17 which is by the back parking lot by the gymnasium/fitness center. All users will be required to sign in and out on each occasion of use so that we may track the center's usage. Our fitness center has recumbent bicycles, upright bicycles, treadmills, and ellipticals for aerobic conditioning. It also has Nautilus equipment and a full complement of free weights for strength training. Also available are first floor hallways for those district residents who are just interested in walking. Before users can utilize the facility, they must complete all required paperwork, provide proof of residency and be an approved user. District Residents: Fill out the application for Walking and Fitness Center here.
Community Event: Christmas in the Park
The annual Christmas in the Park Parade will be December 7th at 2:30, and the glow competition will begin at 5pm. Groups/Organizations are invited to enter for this year. For more information, check out the flyer here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!