The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, November 1, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Friday, November 1 @ 6:15pm - Boys Varsity Soccer Sectional Championship Game at Houghton College Livestream Video Here
- Saturday, November 2 @ 10:30am - Cross Country Sectional Championships at Midlakes High School
- Saturday, November 2 @ 3:00pm at Warsaw Central High School
- Monday, November 4 - Art Club Chocolate Sale Begins
- Monday, November 4 @ 6:00pm Sports Boosters Meeting, Distance Learning Room
- Wednesday, November 6 @ 7:00pm - Fall Sports Awards Ceremony
- Friday, November 8 - End of Marking Period 1
- Saturday, November 9 - Basketball Pancake Fundraiser
- Saturday, November 9 - Youth Leadership Summit in Bath
- Monday, November 11 - School Closed, Veterans Day
- Tuesday, November 12 - JV & Varsity Winter Athletics Start Date
- Thursday, November 14 @ 5:00pm - Financial Aid Night, Room 225
- Friday, November 15 - Report Card 1 Sent Home
- Congratulations to Brady Brandow who was named October Athlete of the Month!
- Congratulations to our Halloween Horror Writing Contest winners: 7th: Bryan Heale, Chase Reinbold; 8th: Paityn Cansdale, Lydia Beecher; 9th: Kontessa Payne, Jenna Harrell; 10th: Myah VanOrder, Rosa Hernandez; 11th: Kirsten Ferguson, Lilly Crane; 12th: Ivy Wilmoth; Overall Winner: Isabelle Beecher
- Congratulations to Maddie Fitzwater for earning a County Patch at Alfred University.
- Congratulations to Jake Taylor and Matt Vosburg for attaining their best times at the County Championship.
- Congratulations to the Girls Varsity Soccer Team who won their quarter-final sectional match against Prattsburg on Saturday 10 to 0, and their semi-finals against Notre Dame 6-1.
- Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Soccer Team who won their quarter-final sectional match Friday against Honeoye 3-0, and their semi-finals against CG Finney 5-1.
Our boys soccer team defends their sectional title tonight at Houghton vs. Fillmore at 6:15PM. There are a couple of alternatives to attending the game in-person:
- Houghton is providing a live video stream of the game.
- WABH radio is broadcasting the game on both 1380AM or 100.3FM. Their pre-game coverage begins at 6PM. You can also visit their website to hear the stream or download the TuneIn app and search for “WABH”.
Our girls soccer team also has a shot at the title tomorrow at Warsaw vs. Hinsdale at 3PM. WVIN is broadcasting that game on 98.3FM, and their pre-game coverage begins at 2:45PM.
Fall Sports Awards Ceremony
Wednesday, 11/06 is our Fall Sports Awards Ceremony. Click here for the invitation that was shared with families. We hope to see you all out to celebrate our student-athletes’ success this season! The event will take place at 7pm in the district auditorium. Light refreshments will be provided after the ceremony.
Winter Sport Sign-Ups
This is a reminder to register your child(ren) up for a winter sport through FamilyID. Information can be found on our Athletic Webpage. Your child is ineligible for participation until they are:
- registered in FamilyID
- approved by Mrs. Hammond, our nurse.
Financial Aid Night
Seniors and their families are invited to attend our Financial Aid Night. This evening will include step-by-step guidance in completing the federal and state paperwork including the FAFSA/TAP. This evening is being presented by the Guidance Department, and will be led by the Director of Financial Aid from Alfred State College. The event is Thursday, November 14th, from 5:00-7:00pm in room 225. Please bring your drivers license and 2018 tax forms.
Foreign Exchange Student Presentations
Students are invited to come meet our Foreign Exchange Students! Meet Selina on Tuesday, November 5th and Jonathan on Thursday, November 7th after school in the HS Library. Each exchange student will present about their lives back home in Europe. Students in grades 4-6 MUST sign up in advance outside the High School Library. Students in grades 7-12 do not need to pre-register.
Be sure to check our Athletic Webpage routinely as this is where the latest information can be found regarding practice/contest changes, schedules, scores, and more! By clicking "Notify Me" and registering an e-mail address/phone number, you can receive real time updates for any changes that occur. You can also download the rSchool Today app from the app store to view schedules (which includes contests and practices).
New scholarships posted to the page include various awards from the Community Foundation. Check them out on our scholarship page here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!