The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, October 11, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Friday, October 11 - Interim 1 Sent Home
- Monday, October 14 - No School, Columbus Day
- Wednesday, October 16 - PSAT
- Friday, October 18 - Sports Journalism and Publishing "Communications Day" trip
- Monday, October 21-Friday, October 25 - School Board Recognition Week
- Monday, October 21 - Senior Class Magazine Sale Begins
- Wednesday, October 23-Thursday, October 31 - Red Ribbon Week
- Congratulations to our Homecoming Court: King-Caleb P, Queen-Stephenie L, Price-Connor L, Princess-Selina J
- Congratulations to our Faculty Homecoming Court: King-Mr.Parker, Queen-Mrs.Stowe, Prince-Mr.Delles, Princess-Mrs.Henshaw
- Congratulations to Student Council Leadership: President-Ben S, VP- Jessie M, Secretary-Delaney S, Treasurer-Riley S
College & Military Visits
- Wednesday, October 23 @8:30am - SUNY Geneseo
- Friday, October 25 @10:00am - Finger Lakes Community College
Avoca Student Council is hosting a Fall Blood Drive with the American Red Cross on Tuesday, October 29 from 10am-3pm. Students can make their appointment during lunch. The community can call 1-800-RedCross or go online to redcrossblood.org to make an appointment.
Senior Graduation Orders and Sophomore Class Rings
The Senior class and Sophomore class met with Jostens at their last class meeting. Order forms are due back to school on Tuesday, October 15th during the school lunch periods. Orders can also be placed online at https://www.jostens.com/ Available to order items include: class jewelry, senior keepsakes, senior gear, and announcements/photo cards.
Senior photos are due to Mrs. Baker by Tuesday, October 15th. Seniors may submit their photos electronically, by emailing Mrs. Baker a high-resolution image to email@example.com. They can also be submitted via a thumb-drive, CD, or on a print. (No names printed on the front, and please do not write on the back of the print, as it may bleed.) Students may choose to use the school picture day photo (September 19) as their Senior Photo.
Guidelines for Senior Photos:
- Head and Shoulders Shot in Portrait (Vertical) Orientation
- Head Size (from top of the head to chin) should be approximately 1/2 of the image
- Full Color Image
- Attire is school appropriate and meets dress code
- No Hats, Props, Mirror, or Special Effects
- No Soft Focus
Community Program: Fall Festival of Sound
The Hornell Area Wind Ensemble invites you to a free concert on Saturday, October 19th at 7:30pm in the Hornell High School Auditorium. This is made possible through funds from the New York State Council on the Arts' Decentralization Program and the ARTS Council of the Souther Finger Lakes.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!