The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, September 27, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, September 30-Friday, October 4 - Spirit Week
- Thursday, October 3 @ 5:30pm - Sports Boosters Community Color Run
- Friday, October 4 @ 5:00pm - Spud Jug Games
- Friday, October 4 - Interim 1 Period Ends
- Saturday, October 5 - Homecoming Dance
- Friday, October 11 - Interim 1 Sent Home
- Friday, October 11 - Early Release Drill - 15 Minutes Early
- Friday, October 11 - 8th Grade Historical Research Field Trip
- Congratulations to foreign exchange student, Selina Jud, for being named our September Athlete of the Month!
- Congratulations to our newly inducted National Junior Honor Society Members: Isabelle Button, Lily Campbell, Vivian Crane, Elise Harrell, Ellie Harrell, Bryan Heale, Chase Reinbold, Daniel Stilson and Shannon Sullivan.
- Congratulations to Wildwood BOCES students of the month: Seniors, Jeffrey Jones and Seth Lathrop!
College & Military Visits
- Monday, September 30 @12:15pm - SUNY Canton
- Monday, October 7 @ 10:45am - Alfred State
- Thursday, October 10 @ 11:45am SUNY Potsdam
- Thursday, October 10 @ 1:15pm - Keuka College
Second Annual Color Run
Avoca Sports Boosters cordially invites you to join us on Thursday, October 3rd from 5:30-7:00pm for our second annual Tiger Pride Color Run. This event is a one mile run/walk. Additional fun includes design-a-sign for the homecoming games, a dunking tank, and more! Bring a canned good for donation and get a ticket to use at the dunk tank! Click here to download a permission slip for the event. A flyer for the Color Run can be downloaded here.
The Leader in Me LEAD Team in conjunction with the elementary Lighthouse Team met during the summer, and planned our Fall Spirit Week. This week ends with the Spud Jug, and the Homecoming Dance. The daily themes are:
- Monday, September 30 - Superhero Day
- Tuesday, October 1 - Twinning Day
- Wednesday, October 2 - Pajama Day
- Thursday, October 3 - Compound Word Day
- Friday, October 4 - Maroon & Gold, Tiger Pride Day
On Saturday, October 5th, the Senior Class invites all students in grades 6-12 to attend the Homecoming Dance. Grades 6-8 are welcome from 7:00-9:00pm. Grades 9-12 are welcome from 9:00-11:00pm. The cost of admission is $5.00. Students must be academically eligible to attend the dance. Guest passes are available from the High School Main Office. They must be completed before noon on Friday, October 4th.
Senior photos are due to Mrs. Baker by Tuesday, October 15th. Seniors may submit their photos electronically, by emailing Mrs. Baker a high-resolution image to email@example.com. They can also be submitted via a thumb-drive, CD, or on a print. (No names printed on the front, and please do not write on the back of the print, as it may bleed.) Students may choose to use the school picture day photo (September 19) as their Senior Photo.
Guidelines for Senior Photos:
- Head and Shoulders Shot in Portrait (Vertical) Orientation
- Head Size (from top of the head to chin) should be approximately 1/2 of the image
- Full Color Image
- Attire is school appropriate and meets dress code
- No Hats, Props, Mirror, or Special Effects
- No Soft Focus
A new scholarship has been posted to our Scholarship Page: Gettysburg College Eisenhower Scholarship. Check it out on our scholarship page here.
Community Program: FAFSA, HESC, Excelsior Form Assistance
On Tuesdays, by appointment only, representatives from GCC will be at the Dansville GCC Campus to help students and parents fill out FAFSA, HESC, Excelsior, Federal and State Financial Aid forms. Call 585-335-7820 to set up an appointment. Check out the flyer here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!