The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, June 7, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Sunday, June 9 @7:00pm - Baccalaureate
- Tuesday, June 11 @ 7:00pm - Middle School Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, June 13 @ 7:00pm - High School Awards Ceremony
- Monday, June 17 - Last Day for Students 7-12
- Tuesday, June 18-Tuesday, June 25 - Regents Exams
- Wednesday, June 19 @6:00pm - CTE Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, June 20 - Last Day for Late Bus
- Monday, June 24 - 8th Grade Daytrip
- Wednesday, June 26 - Graduation Practice
- Wednesday, June 26 - Senior Picnic
- Friday, June 28 @7:00pm - Graduation
- Congratulations to junior Hannah Stewart for being named Steuben County Dairy Princess!
- Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Baseball Team for winning the Section V D2 Baseball Championship!
- Congratulations to senior Hayden Barry who finished 3rd in the 1600 at the Section V Track & Field State Qualifier.
- Congratulations to senior Julian Hopkins who finished 3rd in the Triple Jump, and a personal best jump of 21’ 5” in the Long Jump.
7-12 Chorus Members, please report to the Music Room Sunday evening at 6:40pm for Baccalaureate.
Transportation during Regents Week
Regents exams begin Tuesday, June 18th. Morning and afternoon transportation schedules will proceed as normal. In addition, we will provide transportation to/from school in the middle of the day for any students needing rides home after their exams, or to school for their afternoon exam. Students must sign up for midday runs in the HS office by 3:30pm on Wednesday, June 12th. Buses will pick-up and drop students off on these runs by the cafeteria entrance. Arrival to school for afternoon exams will be approximately 11:30am. Departure after morning exams will be approximately noon.
Finals & Regents Exams
The last day of regular classes for students in grades 7-12 is Monday, June 17th. In middle school, final exams will be given before this date, or will be a project. Some middle school students taking high school classes, may have testing during the Regents week. The Middle School Finals Schedule can be accessed here.
For high school students, the Regents and local exam dates begin Tuesday, June 18th, and conclude Tuesday, June 25th. Some classes are also giving final exams during the regular school days, or are assigning a final project.
Beginning on Tuesday, June 18th, students in grades 7-12 should only attend school when they have a test or another school-related reason. On these dates, students in grades 7-12 have an open campus, and students are free to leave campus once they are released from their exam.
Breakfast is being served during most of the Regents testing period so students may report to the cafeteria and have something to eat or drink before their test begins. Lunch is also being served during most of the Regents testing period so students may report to the cafeteria in between tests.
Morning Exams begin at 8:15am. Afternoon exams begin at noon. Students may enter the exam room 10 minutes prior to the start of the testing.
- Tuesday, June 18
- US History & Government (Regents) - AM
- Spanish II (Local) - AM
- Living Environment (Regents) - PM
- Wednesday, June 19
- ELA (Regents) - AM
- Algebra I (Regents) - PM
- Thursday, June 20
- College Biology (Local) - AM
- Global I (Local) - AM
- Earth Science (Regents) - PM
- Friday, June 21
- Geometry (Regents) - AM
- Algebra II (Regents) - PM
- Monday, June 24
- Spanish I (Local) - AM
- Spanish III (Local) - PM
- Tuesday, June 25
- Physics (Regents) - PM
It isn't too late! Photos of you and your friends, teams, clubs, teachers, and more - You'll find them all in the Yearbook. They are still available from either Mrs. Baker or the High School Office.
Career and Technical Education Awards Ceremony
On Wednesday, June 19th at 6:00pm, Wildwood BOCES will host their Career and Technical Education Awards Ceremony at the Steuben County Fairgrounds. This is where the school will present vocational certificates, awards, and scholarships.
All K-12 Avoca CSD students can read over the summer using OVERDRIVE digital books and audiobooks. Students will need an internet connection and a device to either ready on a browser or download and save, even as a kindle format book. Books will 'automatically' return to our online collection after two weeks unless students renew prior to the two week date!
Where to find Overdrive? Right here on our School Library Website! Each student will need to knoq his/her school ID number (which is the same as their lunch number) and the Avoca CSD universal password - think of our school sports teams' name!
Please email Mrs. Kilbourne if you have any questions; she will even answer over the summer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Event: Steuben County Color Walk to Prevent Child Abuse
On Saturday, June 15th there will be a Family Fun Walk at Pultney Park in Bath. The fee is $3/person and children under 10 are free. Registration is at 9am, and the walk begins at 10:15am.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!