The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, May 31, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, June 3 - 8th Grade NYS Science Written Assessment
- Monday, June 3 - Regents Exam: Global History & Geography
- Tuesday, June 4-Wednesday June 5 - Spanish Fluency Final Exam
- Wednesday, June 5 @ 6:00pm - Spring Sports Awards Ceremony
- Friday, June 7 - Grade 7 Home & Careers Final Exam
- Friday, June 7 - All library books are due.
- Friday, June 7 - Final Lab Deadline: Living Environment & Earth Science
- Sunday, June 9 @7:00pm - Baccalaureate
- Tuesday, June 11 @ 7:00pm - Middle School Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, June 13 @ 7:00pm - High School Awards Ceremony
- Monday, June 17 - Last Day for Students 7-12
- Tuesday, June 18-Tuesday, June 25 - Regents Exams
- Wednesday, June 19 @6:00pm - CTE Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, June 20 - Last Day for Late Bus
- Monday, June 24 - 8th Grade Daytrip
- Wednesday, June 26 - Graduation Practice
- Wednesday, June 26 - Senior Picnic
- Friday, June 28 @7:00pm - Graduation
- Congratulations to the following athletes who have qualified for the Track State Qualifier: Thomas Derick in the Pentathlon, Hayden Barry in the mile and two mile, Julian Hopkins in the long jump and triple jump, and the 4 x 100 relay team of Kade Slayton, Nate Nunn, LaDre Stanford, Julian Hopkins, Riccardo Palmieri, and Addam Cansdale!
- Congratulations to Nathan Nunn for being named the Athlete of the Month for May!
Career and Technical Education Awards Ceremony
On Wednesday, June 19th at 6:00pm, Wildwood BOCES will host their Career and Technical Education Awards Ceremony at the Steuben County Fairgrounds. This is where the school will present vocational certificates, awards, and scholarships.
Global Studies Regents
On Monday morning, students taking Global Studies II will be taking their Regents Exam. This exam is being conducted earlier than the typical Regents window. Students taking the exam will need to be prepared to take the exam first thing in the morning on Monday, please do not be late!
Final Lab Deadline
For all students in Living Environment, and Earth Science, the final lab deadline for submissions is Friday, June 7th.
Community Event: Steuben County Color Walk to Prevent Child Abuse
On Saturday, June 15th there will be a Family Fun Walk at Pultney Park in Bath. The fee is $3/person and children under 10 are free. Registration is at 9am, and the walk begins at 10:15am.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!