The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, May 24, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day Holiday: No School
- Wednesday, May 29 - VEX Robotics Competition
- Wednesday, May 29 - Junior/Senior Banquet
- Thursday, May 30 - 8th Grade Science Lab Day
- Thursday, May 30 - Fall Sports Physicals
- Monday, June 3 - 8th Grade NYS Science Written Assessment
- Monday, June 3 - Regents Exam: Global History & Geography
- Tuesday, June 4-Wednesday June 5 - Spanish Fluency Final Exam
- Wednesday, June 5 @ 6:00pm - Spring Sports Awards Ceremony
- Friday, June 7 - Grade 7 Home & Careers Final Exam
- Friday, June 7 - All library books are due.
- Tuesday, June 11 @ 7:00pm - Middle School Awards Ceremony
- Thursday, June 13 @ 7:00pm - High School Awards Ceremony
- Monday, June 17 - Last Day for Students 7-12
- Tuesday, June 18-Tuesday, June 25 - Regents Exams
- Congratulations to Senior Ja'Vion Isom for being named Building Construction Student of the Month at Wildwood!
- Congratulations to the following students that won advanced awards during the Avoca Art Show: Ashley Cook, Jolien Gay, Dylan Fraboni, Isabella Beecher, Draven Wilson, Khurk Simms, Jessica Derick, Ashley Chadwick, Faith Goodrich, and Savannah Dailey.
- Congratulations to the following students that won studio art awards during the Avoca Art Show: Brecken Smith, Rachel Lee, Olivia Reisen, Elaina Kent, Karlissa Hadley, Myah VanOrder, Ethan Smalt, Kaleigh Cook, Caitlin Allen, Riley Gardner, Matt Tyler, Eddie Mendoker, Rosa Hernandez, and Melissa Murphy.
- Congratulations to the following students that won the Maple City Frameshop Awards during the Avoca Art Show: Melissa Murphy, Olivia Reisen, and Brecken Smith.
Leader in Me: Parent Survey
Our school is implementing a whole-school transformational process called “The Leader in Me,” which teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader. Starting Friday May 24, and concluding Friday, May 31, the Avoca Central School will be conducting surveys to learn more about key areas of strength and areas of needed growth in our school. The data from these surveys will help us to formulate a holistic picture and to implement key practices that will positively affect the school’s culture.
All ACS employees, students (4th-12th grades) and parents are asked to participate in this survey. Employees and students will be filling the survey out during school hours. The link provided below is for parents to use at their earliest convenience.
When taking the survey please respond according to the experiences of your oldest child. (No identifiable information is required.) While this survey is not mandatory, it is our hope that at least 80% of our parents will choose to provide us with their thoughtful opinions. Thank you.
Care Packages for Soldiers
The Girls on the Run Program is collecting items to put into care packages for our soldiers. They are collecting items like blankets, food, water, soap, clothes, pens, paper, envelopes and artwork through May 28th. Students and staff can bring items in and place them in the collection box located in the high school office.
Community Event: Memorial Day Parade
On Monday, May 27th at 10:00am you are invited to attend the Memorial Day Parade and Program. Due to repairs on Main Street, the route has changed. Program will be held at the gazebo after the parade.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!