The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, May 10, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Friday, May 17 @12:45pm - Early Release of Students
- Friday, May 17 - 7th Grade Civil War Day Field Trip
- Monday, May 20 - Physics Field Trip
- Monday, May 20 - Nathan Hale, Author & Cartoonist Visit
- Tuesday, May 21 @12:00-9:00pm - Budget Vote and Election
- Tuesday, May 21 @6:00pm - Art Show Opening
- Tuesday, May 21 @3:30-6:30pm - Class of 2020 Chicken BBQ
- Tuesday, May 21 @7:00pm - Chorus Concert
- Wednesday, May 22 @6:00-9:00pm- Art Show
- Friday, May 24 - National Honor Society & National Junior Honor Society Field Trip
- Friday, May 24 - Interim 4 Reports Sent Home
- Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Track Team for finishing 7-1 in County Competition, and undefeated in their division!
- Congratulations to Senior, Hayden Barry, who has committed to St. Bonaventure, a Division I University!
Prom Tickets are on sale now. Please see Ms. Cavagna before/after-school. Tickets are $35 for a single, and $60 for a couple. For anyone bringing a guest from outside of the district, an approval form can be obtained from Mrs. Stowe in the High School Office.
In coordination with Mr. Parker and his art classes, this year's Tiger All-Nighter theme is "Musical Mania." The Tiger All-Nighter begins after prom, and runs from 11:00 P.M. on May 18th to 5:00 A.M. May 19th. The Tiger All-Nighter provides our students with a fun and safe post-prom activity. The night will be filled with food, fun, prizes, and memories. Tickets are on sale now for the Tiger All-Nighter. The cost is $5, and tickets can be purchased from Mrs. Stowe in the High School Office. While we encourage ticket purchases in advance, you may also get a ticket at the door.
Signing Ceremony & Senior Nights
On Wednesday, May 15th we will be hosting a Signing Ceremony for Hayden Barry who will be attending St. Bonaventure this fall. The ceremony will be held in the Auditorium Lobby at 8:15am. Later that day we will have our Spring Sports Senior Night. This will be during the 5:00pm baseball game and we will be recognizing our baseball and track seniors. On May 13 the softball team will recognize a Prattsburgh senior on the Senior Night at Prattsburgh. Also on May 13 the tennis team will recognize a senior from Hammondsport at Hammondsport.
Summer Drivers Education
Students interested in Summer Drivers Education may sign up in the Main Office with Mrs. Stowe. For any students that missed their week to sign-up, they may enroll May 13-17.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!