The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, May 3, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, May 6-Tuesday, May 7 - Grade 7 Mathematics Assessment
- Monday, May 6-Friday, May 10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 7 - Physics Field Trip, Space Planetary Imaging
- Friday, May 17 @ 12:45pm - Early Release of Students
- Friday, May 17 - 7th Grade Civil War Day Field Trip
- Congratulations to Juniors Zach Hammond and Ben Stilson for being selected to compete at the Skills USA State Championships!
- Congratulations to Junior Ben Stilson for winning first place in Power Equipment Technology at Skills USA!
Prom Tickets are on sale May 6-10 during period 7A. For students unavailable to purchase a ticket at that time, they may see Mrs. Richman before/after-school, or during periods 4, 6, & 9. Tickets are $35 for a single, and $60 for a couple. For anyone bringing a guest from outside of the district, an approval form can be obtained from Mrs. Stowe in the High School Office.
In coordination with Mr. Parker and his art classes, this year's Tiger All-Nighter theme is "Musical Mania." The Tiger All-Nighter begins after prom, and runs from 11:00 P.M. on May 18th to 5:00 A.M. May 19th. The Tiger All-Nighter provides our students with a fun and safe post-prom activity. The night will be filled with food, fun, prizes, and memories. Tickets are on sale May 6-17 for the Tiger All-Nighter. The cost is $5, and tickets can be purchased from Mrs. Stowe in the High School Office. While we encourage ticket purchases in advance, you may also get a ticket at the door.
Summer Drivers Education
Students interested in Summer Drivers Education may sign up in the Main Office with Mrs. Stowe. Freshman may sign up May 6-10. Once all slots are filled, we will build a wait-list. If a student misses their week to sign up, they may enroll May 13-17.
Community Event: Karate Demonstration
Students are invited to a free Karate demonstration at the Hornell Hayabusa Martial Art Dojo located next to Club 57 on Seneca Road in Hornell. This free demo will take place next Tuesday, May 7th at 7:00pm.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!