The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, April 26, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, April 30 @ 6:30pm - Billy Martin Circus at ACS
- Wednesday, May 1-Thursday, May 2 - Grade 8 Mathematics Assessment
- Thursday, May 2 - Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Thursday, May 2-Friday May 3 - NYS FFA Conference
- Monday, May 6-Tuesday, May 7 - Grade 7 Mathematics Assessment
- Monday, May 6-Friday, May 10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 7 - Physics Field Trip, Space Planetary Imaging
- Congratulations to Senior, Sam Burke for being named Wildwood BOCES CISCO Student of the Month for April!
- Congratulations to Senior, Nate O'Brochta for being named Athlete of the Month for April!
3-8 Mathematics Assessment
During the beginning of May, the New York State Grades 3-8 Mathematics will be administered to students. Last year, the number of test sessions for these annual assessments was reduced from three to two; that change remains in effect this year. This means that students will take each subject test over only two testing days instead of three as in past years. Additionally, the 2019 Grades 3-8 Math Tests will continue to be untimed. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the upcoming NYS 3-8 Assessment, we encourage you to contact us at the school via phone or email.
Summer Drivers Education
Students interested in Summer Drivers Education may sign up in the Main Office with Mrs. Stowe. Sophomores may sign up April 29-May 3. Freshman may sign up May 6-10. Once all slots are filled, we will build a wait-list. If a student misses their week to sign up, they may enroll May 13-17.
Billy Martin's Cole All-Star Circus
The Avoca Baseball Program is hosting Billy Martin's Cole All-Star Circus at the Avoca School Gymnasium on Tuesday, April 30th at 6:30pm. Click here for a free child (12 year or younger) ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. (Limit 2 free children per adult ticket purchased.) Click here for a discount ticket for adults.
Summer of Innovation
Several organizations from across the Southern Tier have united to offer unique learning opportunities for children and young adults during the summer months. These organizations have a common goal of extending the traditional school year into a third summer semester. Our offerings have another purpose as well - to provide students with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) skills that are essential to their success in the future. Click here to download the Summer of Innovation Flyer. Click here to download the Summer of Innovation Course Catalogue.
Community Event: Imagine RIT
On Saturday, April 27th, RIT is hopsing their 12th annual Imagine RIT: Creativity and Innovation Festival from 10am-5pm, rain or shine. This event is free and open to the public. Over 3,500 RIT students, faculty, and staff will be on hand to engage visitors with interactive presentations, hands-on demonstrations, and research projects. No matter what your interest, Imagine RIT has it all with showcases in art, science, engineering, business, computers, technology, sustainability, and more. There will also be games and multiple performance stages with live music and entertainment. Check out their website here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!