The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, March 15, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, March 18-Friday, March 22 - "Beat the Winter Blahs" Spirit Week
- Monday, March 18-Friday, March 22 - Ag Literacy Week
- Monday, March 18 - Academic All Stars @ Bradford
- Thursday, March 21 - Spring Sports Photos
- Thursday, March 21 - Student Council Spring Blood Drive
- Friday, March 22 - Environmental Science: Fish Management Field Trip
- Friday, March 22-Saturday, March 23 - All County Music Festival; 6th Grade Band, Jr. High Chorus & Sr. High Band
- Monday, March 25 - Academic All Stars: Home v. Bradford
- Thursday, March 28 - Middle School Agriculture: Maple Farm Field Trip
- Congratulations to our Academic All Stars for their win over Canaseraga 51-13.
Student Council Spring Blood Drive
On Thursday, March 21st, the Avoca Student Council is sponsoring a blood drive. Please consider giving the gift of life by donating blood. It is easy to sign up, just go to redcrossblood.org and sign up under Avoca Central School. Thank you for helping us reach our goal!
Beat the Winter Blahs Spirit Week
Let's have some fun and beat these Winter Blahs! Students are encouraged to participate in our themed days all week.
- Celebrity/Meme Monday: Dress like your favorite celebrity or meme.
- Superhero Tuesday: Dress up or wear items from your favorite superhero.
- Wacky Wednesday: Students dress like adults and vice versa.
- Disney Thursday: Dress up or wear items from your favorite Disney tale.
- School Spirit Friday: Wear maroon and gold and show your Tiger pride!
NEW: SAT in School
On Tuesday, April 9th, we will be offering the SAT here at our school for interested Juniors. The test will run from 8:00am-11:00am. The cost for the exam is $47.50. Sign-up forms are available in the High School Office with Mrs. Stowe. The deadline to enroll is Friday, April 5th. Please contact Mrs. Burns for information about fee waivers for eligible families, or any other questions about the exam.
Ag Literacy Week
In celebration of Ag Literacy Week, the library, agriculture students and FFA have planned some exciting events for our elementary students. At the library, the classes in K-5 will read the book On the Farm, at the Market and will participate in a mock Farmers' Market in our agriculture room. We will also have a visit from our state FFA Officer, Patrick Coombe.
Public Speaking Contest
Students in grades 9-12 are invited to participate in Avoca's Public Speaking Contest. The contest will take place on March 19th & 20th. The winner and runner-up will compete in the Steuben County Contest held on April 4th at Addison. More information has been given to high school students during their English class.
Community Event: Canisteo-Greenwood College Night
Canisteo-Greenwood High School is hosting their 12th Annual College Night. 25 colleges and universities will be in attendance. This event is on Monday, March 18th from 5:00-6:30pm in the Canisteo-Greenwood High School Gymnasium. For more information, check out the event flyer here.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!