The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, February 22, 2019
Dates to Remember
- Monday, February 25 - School Re-Opens
- Wednesday, February 27 @ 7:15pm - Spring Sports Parent/Athlete Meeting (Auditorium)
- Thursday, February 28 - Spring Sports Physicals
- March, 2019 - Music in our Schools Month
- Friday, March 1-Saturday March 2 - All County Music Festival, 6th Grade Chorus, Jr. High Band, Sr. Chorus
- Friday, March 1 - "Kids Night Out" 2:45-4:45pm (K-2) 5:00-7:00pm (3-5)
- Wednesday, March 6 @6:30pm - NHTS Ceremony (@ Hornell High School)
- Friday, March 8 - End of Interim 3
- Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Basketball Team for winning the SCHSAA Boys Varsity Basketball County Tournament! The first win since 1990!
- Congratulations to Senior Julian Hopkins for being our first (and second) Section V Indoor Track Sectional champion. He won in both the triple jump and the long jump!
- Congratulations to Varsity Cheerleading for their 2nd place finish at the Empire Cheer Winter Classic at RIT!
- Congratulations to Senior Nick Barrett for a 2nd place finish, and sophomore Kade Slayton for a 6th place finish at Section V Super Sectionals in Wrestling!
Kids' Night Out
The Freshman Class is offering a Kids' Night Out on Friday, March 1st. For K-2, the time is 2:45-4:45pm. For students in grades 3-5, the time is 5:00-7:00pm. The cost is $5, and this includes crafts, science, and games! Available for purchase are hot dogs, pizza, drinks and snacks.
Avoca Central School is looking for the following: Substitute Nurse, and Substitute Bus Drivers. Please check the school's website for more information.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!