The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, November 2, 2018
Dates to Remember
- Monday, November 5 - Intro to Ag, Plant/Animal Science, Ag Careers/Tech: Cider Mill Field Trip
- Monday, November 5 @5:30pm - Financial Aid Night for Seniors & Families
- Tuesday, November 6 - Fall Sports Banquet
- Thursday, November 8 @6:00pm - Career Night
- Friday, November 9 @8:20am - Junior National Honor Society & National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
- Monday, November 12 - School Closed for Veterans Day (Observed)
- Tuesday, November 13 - Thursday, November 15 - Evening Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 16 - Saturday, November 17 - School Musical Performances
- Friday, November 16 - Sophomore Dinner
- Friday, November 16 - Marking Period 1 Grades Sent Home
Financial Aid Night
Seniors and their families are invited to attend our Financial Aid Night. This evening will include step-by-step guidance in completing the federal and state paperwork including the FAFSA/TAP. This evening is being presented by the Guidance Department, and will be led by the Director of Financial Aid from Alfred State College. The event is Tuesday, November 5th, from 5:30-7:30pm in room 225. Seniors have more information in their red guidance folder.
Fall Sports Banquet
On Tuesday, November 6th, at 6:00pm in the Tiger's Den, fall student atheletes and their parents are invited to attend our Celebration Banquet presented by Avoca Athletics, Sports Boosters, and the Avoca Food Service. Athletes will celebrate their fantastic seasons, and varsity players will receive their letter/pin.
Students and families are encouraged to attend our annual Career Night. Come learn about a variety of careers, and military services. Colleges will also be in attendance. This event is November 8th from 6:00-7:30pm in the large gymnasium.
High School Musical
Avoca Central School presents High School Musical November 16th and 17th in the auditorium. Tickets are just $5 and are available in the high school office, from any cast member or Mrs. Gardner. Tickets will also be available at the door. You don't want to miss this fun, family-friendly show!
Any student participating in Winter Sports will need to complete an ArbiterAthlete account. We are moving all of our athletic forms online. To create an account on ArbiterAthlete & follow AVOCA CENTRAL SCHOOL from your phone, text S43067 to 69274. Text HELP to 69274 for more information.
First JV & Varsity Practices
Indoor Track 3:00-5:00pm (Big Gym or outside - weather permitting)
JV Basketball 4:30-7:00pm (Big Gym)
Varsity Basketball 6:30-9:00pm (Big Gym)
Varsity Cheerleading 3:30-5:00pm (Small Gym)
Varsity Wrestling 5:30-8:00pm (Small Gym)
- Congratulations to Junior Tristian S. for being named Avoca Athlete of the Month for October!
- Congratulations to Junior Danielle K. for winning the Horror Writing Contest! Read her scary story Experiment Psychokinesis here.
- Congratulations to Senior La'Dre S. for being named Section V Player of the Year!
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!