The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, October 26, 2018
Dates to Remember
- Friday, October 26 @5:00pm - Soccer Sectional Game (Hornell)
- Monday, October 29 - Plant Science & Agricultural Careers Classes Field Trip
- Tuesday, October 30 - Picture Retake Day
- Friday, November 2 - Spanish Club Field Trip
- Monday, November 5 @5:30pm - Financial Aid Night for Seniors & Families
- Tuesday, November 6 - Fall Sports Banquet
- Thursday, November 8 @6:00pm - Career Night
- Friday, November 9 @8:20am - Junior National Honor Society & National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
As a part of our school's Halloween traditions, students have the option to wear an appropriate costume to school on Wednesday, October 31st. As always, students are not required to wear a costume. For anyone that plans to wear a costume to school, please adhere to the following guidelines: Costumes may not include a mask. All costumes accessories deemed dangerous or resemble weapons are not permitted. Costumes of excessive gore are not acceptable. Please be aware that students not following the guidelines, or whose costume is in violation of the school's dress code will be asked to change. We look forward to seeing all of the fun and creative costumes for Halloween.
Financial Aid Night
Seniors and their families are invited to attend our Financial Aid Night. This evening will include step-by-step guidance in completing the federal and state paperwork including the FAFSA/TAP. This evening is being presented by the Guidance Department, and will be led by the Director of Financial Aid from Alfred State College. The event is Tuesday, November 5th, from 5:30-7:30pm in room 225. Seniors have more information in their red guidance folder.
Students and families are encouraged to attend our annual Career Night. Come learn about a variety of careers, and military services. Colleges will also be in attendance. This event is November 8th from 6:00-7:30pm in the large gymnasium.
Fall Sports Banquet
On Tuesday, November 6th, at 6:00pm in the Tiger's Den, fall student athletes and their parents are invited to attend our Celebration Banquet presented by Avoca Athletics, Sports Boosters, and the Avoca Food Service. Athletes will celebrate their fantastic seasons, and varsity players will receive their letter/pin. If you are a fall athlete and have not yet RSVP'd to Mrs. Stowe, please contact the high school office.
- Congratulations to Senior John Emery for being named Culinary Student of the Month at the Wildwood BOCES!
- Congratulations to Ms. Terry for being recognized with the William & Dorothy Belknap Award for her work in substance abuse prevention!
- Congratulations to Mr. Stamets for being named Soccer Section V D2 Coach of the Year!
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!