The Paw Print
Middle/High School Newsletter
Friday, September 7, 2018
Dates to Remember
- Monday, September 10 - Middle School (Gr. 6-8) Teambuilding Field Trip
- Monday, Sepember 10, 6:00pm - Sports Boosters Meeting, Distance Learning Room
- Wednesday, September 12 - Local Corn Day, Cafeteria
- Wednesday, September 12, 6:00pm - Band Parent Meeting, Band Room
- Thursday, September 13 - State/Local Primary, Bus Garage
- Tuesday, September 18, 7:00pm - Board of Education Meeting, Distance Learning Room
- Thursday, September 20 - School Picture Day, Fall Sports Picture Day
- Friday, September 21 - Early Release @ 12:45pm
- Monday, September 24 - Marine Biology Field Trip
- Thursday, September 27 - Senior Hike Field Trip
We had a fantastic first day of welcoming back our students. Everyone had a chance to "walk the red carpet" on their way into the building. We are incredibly excited for the year ahead as we continue to build leaders within our walls. Thank you to our summer facilities crew for all of their hard work to get the building ready for our opening!
Back to School Forms
On the first day of school, students brought home many forms that needed to be returned to school today. If you have not had a chance to review and complete all of the forms, please return them to Mrs. Stowe in the main office ASAP. Some changes in the forms for this year include the field trip form, and the income eligibility form. The field trip form is now a blanket permission for all field trips this year that are within two hours of travel time. Advanced notice for all trips will still be sent to families, but a separate permission slip will not be required. For any trips that are longer than two hours away, a special field trip form will be sent home.
Middle School Field Trip
On Monday, September 10th our middle school students in grades 6-8 will be heading off on a field trip to work on their teamwork and leadership skills. This is a rain or shine trip, so please prepare for the weather. There will be a lot of walking, so approrpiate footwear is required. Bag lunches will be provided for all students.
Late Bus & After-School Work Session
The 3:30pm late bus is available for all students Tuesday-Thursday beginning on Tuesday, September 11. No sign up is needed for the late bus. A 5:30pm evening bus is also available, but students must sign up by Wednesday for the following week for the evening bus. Students are welcome to stay after-school with a teacher for extra help or time to complete work from 2:50-3:30pm. Students on campus must be at a supervised location during this time.
Breakfast & Lunch
This year, breakfast and lunch is provided for all students. When Middle/High School students arrive in the morning, they wait for the first bell in the small gym. Here, we provide a hot breakfast for any interested student. At lunch, students are provided a meal in the cafeteria. A la cart items and second entrees are available for purchase.
Next week is the end of the schedule change window. If your child needs a change in their schedule, please make an appointment with Mrs. Burns.
Any students wishing to drive themselves to school will need to obtain a parking pass from the High School Office. Vehicles must display the parking pass when on campus. When operating on school property, drivers must follow posted speed limits and be cautious for pedestrians.
Student use of personal cellphones is prohibited during the instructional day. Students in grades 9-12 may use their phone appropriately during their lunch period. In study hall, students may be able to use their device to listen to music at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
If your child will be absent, please call Mrs. Stowe at 607-566-2221 extension 1125. If possible, please call to report an absence prior to 8:00am.
Follow Us on Twitter & Like Us on Facebook
- Avoca Central School Twitter
- Mr. Denaker - Middle/High School Twitter
- Mr. Delles - ACS Athletics Twitter
- Avoca Central School Facebook
- Use the hashtag #AvocaProud to highlight our Tiger Pride!